The Maritime Ball Joint Doll Community is a place for Canadian bjd owners and fans within the maritimes to discuss & display these amazing dolls and organize local meet-ups or doll-themed outings.

HomeRegisterLog in
Check out the new MBJDC Facebook group! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/493119547366366/

Share | 

Can a make-up airbrush be used for a face-up?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candy Coma

PostSubject: Can a make-up airbrush be used for a face-up?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:02 pm

I ordered a airbrush kit for make-up the other day and I'm curious if any of you would know if I could use the same airbrush to do face-ups on dolls or do I need a different type of airbrush?

Back to top Go down
Elzamine

PostSubject: Re: Can a make-up airbrush be used for a face-up?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Educated guess on my part but I imagine it'd be more about the paint materials you're using rather than the type of airbrush. Make sure not to use makeup, oil based stuff and resin is a bad idea. I'm not sure if the air brush paint will gum up the makeup airbrush or not, or if it's strong enough to work in that medium. Let us know what you find out Smile
Back to top Go down
http://prettypetaldesigns.daportfolio.com/
Candy Coma

PostSubject: Re: Can a make-up airbrush be used for a face-up?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Elzamine wrote:
Educated guess on my part but I imagine it'd be more about the paint materials you're using rather than the type of airbrush. Make sure not to use makeup, oil based stuff and resin is a bad idea. I'm not sure if the air brush paint will gum up the makeup airbrush or not, or if it's strong enough to work in that medium. Let us know what you find out Smile

Thank you for commenting! I was thinking the same thing.

I'll try to research more and if I find out anything I'll post it here.

I'm hoping I will be able to use it for face-ups since I think I'd be better at using an airbrush then doing it by hand. Smile
Back to top Go down
Candy Coma

PostSubject: Re: Can a make-up airbrush be used for a face-up?   Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 pm

I received my airbrush today. Once I get my doll in a month I'm going to try using paint that can be used on resin. I'm going to try to body blush. If it doesn't work I'll just buy another airbrush gun for around $50 that's on Leekeworld and use that with the compressor I have for my work on bjds. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a make-up airbrush be used for a face-up?   

Back to top Go down

Can a make-up airbrush be used for a face-up?
Page 1 of 1